Origin Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1999. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Chicago.
The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Advertising, Mobile. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Grubhub, Avant, DialogTech. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Origin Ventures, startups are often financed by ff Venture Capital, Lichter Investments, Lerer Hippeau. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Pritzker Group Venture Capital, OCA Ventures, Chicago Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Pritzker Group Venture Capital, Serra Ventures, OCA Ventures.
The fund was created by Bruce N. Barron, Steven Miller. Besides them, we counted 8 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The high activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. Opposing the other organizations, this Origin Ventures works on 14 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. When the investment is from Origin Ventures the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 18 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
Funds with similar focus
|Augment Ventures||Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States|
|BDC IT Venture Fund||Canada, Ontario, Toronto|
|Bleu Capital||New York, New York, United States|
|Club 100 Plus||Giv'atayim, Israel, Tel Aviv District|
|Glencore||Baar, Switzerland, Zug|
|Globivest||Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon|
|Haitong Innovation Securities Investment||China, Jingan, Shanghai|
|Hirair and Anna Hovnanian Foundation||Armenia, Yerevan|
|Innovation & Investment Fund Gelderland||-|
|Kyowa Hakko Kogy||-|
|KZM & Company Group||China, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island|
|Lightbridge Communications Corporation||Mclean, United States, Virginia|
|Macks Managed Investments||-|
|New Frontier Renewable Energy||-|
|Rongxing Venture Capital||Chengdu, China, Sichuan|
|Shanghai Baoyu Zichan Guanli||China, Shanghai|
|Trainocate Japan||Japan, Tokyo|
|UNSW Business School||Australia, New South Wales, Sydney|
|Walvis Participaties||Netherlands, Utrecht, Utrecht|
|$6M||29 Mar 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$17M||25 Mar 2022||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States|
|$10M||23 Mar 2022||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$170M||15 Feb 2022||Boulder, Colorado, United States|
|$125M||21 Dec 2021||Boulder, Colorado, United States|
|$6M||17 Dec 2021||Orlando, Florida, United States|
|$6M||16 Nov 2021||Utah, United States|
|$85M||04 Nov 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$3M||12 Oct 2021||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
– Anthill is a Chicago, IL-based talent management platform designed for the deskless workforce.
– The company raised $3m in seed funding.
– The round was led by Rethink Education with participation from Origin Ventures, BBG Ventures, The Fund, JFF (Jobs for the Future), and more.
– The new investment will be used to continue to expand operations and its business reach.
– Lumanu, an Oakland, CA-based company that provides creators with tools for invoicing, payments, and collaboration, raised $12m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Origin Ventures with participation from Alumni Venture Group, Gaingles and 500 Startups.
– The company intends to use the funds to continue to expand its business reach.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.