Origin Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1999. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Chicago.
The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Advertising, Mobile. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Grubhub, Avant, DialogTech. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Origin Ventures, startups are often financed by ff Venture Capital, Lichter Investments, Lerer Hippeau. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Pritzker Group Venture Capital, OCA Ventures, Chicago Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Pritzker Group Venture Capital, Serra Ventures, OCA Ventures.
The fund was created by Bruce N. Barron, Steven Miller. Besides them, we counted 8 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The high activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. Opposing the other organizations, this Origin Ventures works on 14 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. When the investment is from Origin Ventures the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 18 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
|9M||28 Nov 2018||United States, Chicago|
|500K||19 Jan 2016||United States, Chicago|
|2M||16 Feb 2015||United States, Chicago|
|1M||18 Oct 2016||United States, Chicago|
|8M||04 Dec 2018||Panama, San Francisco|
Pangea Money Transfer
|1000K||01 May 2013||United States, Chicago|
|1M||13 Oct 2020|
|1M||13 Nov 2007|
|1000K||16 Sep 2014||United Kingdom, Durham|
|500K||01 Jan 2011||United States, Madison|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.