Square Peg Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 2012. The fund was located in Australia. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Melbourne.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Square Peg Capital, startups are often financed by 500 Startups, Sequoia Capital, Jungle Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are 500 Startups, Valar Ventures, Matt Rockman. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Blackbird Ventures (Australia), General Catalyst, Valar Ventures.
We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Software, Enterprise Software. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Uber, Stripe, Canva. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund.
The current fund was established by Barry Brott, Justin Liberman, Paul Bassat, Tony Holt. The overall number of key employees were 9.
The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. When the investment is from Square Peg Capital the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. The top activity for fund was in 2013. The real fund results show that this VC is 20 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. Opposing the other organizations, this Square Peg Capital works on 24 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019.
Funds with similar focus
|$36M||23 Jun 2021||Australia, Melbourne|
|$19M||09 Jun 2021||California San Francisco United States|
|$38M||24 May 2021||Bandung Indonesia West Java|
|$65M||11 May 2021||Australia New South Wales Sydney|
|$25M||26 Apr 2021||Central Singapore|
|$18M||15 Mar 2021||Australia Melbourne Victoria|
|$10M||26 Feb 2021||Central Singapore|
|$6M||06 Jan 2021||Australia New South Wales Sydney|
|$13M||08 Dec 2020||Australia New South Wales Sydney|
– Tel Aviv, Israel-based Deci, a company developing a platform to optimize machine learning models, announced that it raised $21 million in a series A round led by Insight Partners with participation from Square Peg, Emerge, Jibe Ventures, Samsung Next, Vintage Investment Partners, and Fort Ross Ventures.
– The investment, which comes a year after Deci’s $9.1 million seed round, brings the company’s total capital raised to $30.1 million and will be used to support growth by expanding sales, marketing, and service operations, according to CEO Yonatan Geifman.
– Sternum from Tel Aviv develops a scalable platform to bring security, observability and data capture to every IoT device.
– Series B $27m round was led by Spark Capital with participation from existing investors Square Peg Capital, the Hinrich Foundation, btov, and other private investors.
– The new investment will be used for R&D – to advance its scalable platform – and for team expansion as the company ramps up global go-to-market efforts.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.