In 2014 was created Carthona Capital, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the Sydney. The fund was located in Australia.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Financial Services, Robotics. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline HoneyBook, Ouster, ResponSight For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Australia.
The high activity for fund was in 2015. The real fund results show that this VC is 20 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. Comparing to the other companies, this Carthona Capital performs on 16 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The typical startup value when the investment from Carthona Capital is 10-50 millions dollars. Deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars are the general things for fund.
Besides them, we counted 5 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 partakers. Despite the Carthona Capital, startups are often financed by Reinventure Group, Redbus Group, Structure Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Reinventure Group, Redbus Group, Cthulhu Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Vintage Investment Partners, Silicon Valley Bank, Seven West Media.
Funds with similar focus
|$6M||12 Dec 2022||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|$2M||05 Dec 2022||Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand|
|$3M||29 Nov 2022||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|$7M||19 Sep 2022||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|$16M||26 Jul 2022||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|$2M||09 May 2022||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia|
Reach Alternative Investments
|$2M||14 Apr 2022||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|$17M||25 Mar 2022||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States|
|$4M||22 Mar 2022||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
– Qsic is an intuitive commercial music and technology platform.
– Company raised USD 3.1m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Carthona Capital.
– The raise will support Qsic’s rapid US growth plans, including a national rollout of its smart in-store infrastructure, and building new products into its platform.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.