The company was established in North America in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the San Francisco.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 partakers. Despite the Shrug Capital, startups are often financed by Y Combinator, WndrCo, Weekend Fund. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Founders Fund, Y Combinator, Niv Dror. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Y Combinator, True Ventures, Thrive Capital.
The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. The important activity for fund was in 2019. Deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars are the general things for fund.
Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Daisie, Voiceflow, Zestful. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Machine Learning, Gaming. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
Besides them, we counted 6 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|Barton Creek Equity Partners||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Catalyst Growth Partners||California, United States, Yucca Valley|
|Charles L. Shor Foundation||-|
|Deson Ventures||California, San Rafael, United States|
|Farmington Capital Partners||Connecticut, Hartford, United States|
|Incite Media Labs||New York, New York, United States|
|North Star Equity Investment Partners||-|
|Nounos Creamery||New York, New York, United States|
|Orion Corporation||Espoo, Finland, Uusimaa|
|Perseus-Soros Biopharmaceutical Fund||New York, New York, United States|
|Philip Morris International||New York, New York, United States|
|TD Ameritrade||Nebraska, Omaha, United States|
|Thomson multimedia||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Tianzheng Touzi||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Trail Post Ventures||California, Sausalito, United States|
|Walnut Street Capital Fund I, L.P.||California, San Francisco, United States|
|WS Investment Company||-|
|$24M||24 Aug 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$10M||10 Aug 2022||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|$7M||25 Jul 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$16M||14 Jul 2022||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|$8M||22 Jun 2022||-|
|$3M||26 May 2022||Miami, Florida, United States|
|$25M||14 Apr 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$5M||05 Apr 2022||Jersey City, New Jersey, United States|
|$35M||01 Apr 2022||Solana Beach, California, United States|
– Lula, a Miami-based insurance infrastructure startup, announced it has raised $18m in a Series A round of funding.
– The round was led by Founders Fund and Khosla Ventures co-led the round, which also included participation from SoftBank, hedge fund manager Bill Ackman, Shrug Capital, Steve Pagliuca (Bain Capital co-chairman and Boston Celtics owner), Tiny Capital’s Andrew Wilkinson. Existing backers such as Nextview Ventures and Florida Funders also invested, in addition to a number of insurance and logistics groups such as Flexport.
– The startup’s self-proclaimed mission is to provide companies of all sizes — from startups to multinational corporations — with insurance infrastructure. Think of it as a “Stripe for insurance,” its founders say.
– Mem, a free app, is an early access platform dedicated to pushing users to quickly jot down their thoughts without focusing too heavily on the underlying organization of them.
– The startup’s founders have vast ambitions for what their platform could become down the road, tapping into further advances in machine learning and even AR.
– The company raised $5.6m in a seed round led by a16z with additional participation from their Cultural Leadership Fund, Will Smith’s dreamers.vc, Floodgate, Unusual Ventures and Shrug Capital.
– The round also was host to a handful of angel investors including Harry Stebbings, Julia Lipton, Tony Liu, Rahul Vohra and Todd Goldberg, among others.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.