The company was established in North America in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the San Francisco.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 partakers. Despite the Shrug Capital, startups are often financed by Y Combinator, WndrCo, Weekend Fund. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Founders Fund, Y Combinator, Niv Dror. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Y Combinator, True Ventures, Thrive Capital.
The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. The important activity for fund was in 2019. Deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars are the general things for fund.
Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Daisie, Voiceflow, Zestful. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Machine Learning, Gaming. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
Besides them, we counted 6 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|Trail Post Ventures||United States, Sausalito|
|Incite Media Labs||United States, New York|
|Farmington Capital Partners||United States, Hartford|
|Deson Ventures||United States, San Rafael|
|Philip Morris International||United States, New York|
|Perseus-Soros Biopharmaceutical Fund||United States, New York|
|Thomson multimedia||United States, Dallas|
|North Star Equity Investment Partners||-|
|WS Investment Company||-|
|Charles L. Shor Foundation||-|
|Catalyst Growth Partners||United States, Yucca Valley|
|Orion Corporation||Finland, Espoo|
|Walnut Street Capital Fund I, L.P.||United States, San Francisco|
|Tianzheng Touzi||China, Shenzhen|
|Barton Creek Equity Partners||United States, Austin|
|Nounos Creamery||United States, New York|
|TD Ameritrade||United States, Omaha|
|$18M||08 Jul 2021||United States, Boston|
|$70M||23 Jun 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$65M||03 May 2021||United States, Los Angeles|
|$5M||01 Apr 2021||United States, New York|
|$9M||30 Mar 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$3M||17 Mar 2021||United States, New York|
|$6M||02 Dec 2020||United States, New York|
|$2M||01 Dec 2020||United States, New York|
|$3M||07 Oct 2020||United States, San Francisco|
– Lula, a Miami-based insurance infrastructure startup, announced it has raised $18m in a Series A round of funding.
– The round was led by Founders Fund and Khosla Ventures co-led the round, which also included participation from SoftBank, hedge fund manager Bill Ackman, Shrug Capital, Steve Pagliuca (Bain Capital co-chairman and Boston Celtics owner), Tiny Capital’s Andrew Wilkinson. Existing backers such as Nextview Ventures and Florida Funders also invested, in addition to a number of insurance and logistics groups such as Flexport.
– The startup’s self-proclaimed mission is to provide companies of all sizes — from startups to multinational corporations — with insurance infrastructure. Think of it as a “Stripe for insurance,” its founders say.
– Mem, a free app, is an early access platform dedicated to pushing users to quickly jot down their thoughts without focusing too heavily on the underlying organization of them.
– The startup’s founders have vast ambitions for what their platform could become down the road, tapping into further advances in machine learning and even AR.
– The company raised $5.6m in a seed round led by a16z with additional participation from their Cultural Leadership Fund, Will Smith’s dreamers.vc, Floodgate, Unusual Ventures and Shrug Capital.
– The round also was host to a handful of angel investors including Harry Stebbings, Julia Lipton, Tony Liu, Rahul Vohra and Todd Goldberg, among others.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.