This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Cincinnati
Refinery Ventures is the renowned VC, which was created in 2017. The the headquarters of this VC is in Cincinnati. The VC's location is in North America, United States.
The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. The fund has no specific requirements for the number of founders in a start-up. When a start-up has 5+ founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 4-5. Among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund, are Fooji, ENGAGE Talent, Torch Leadership Labs. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified Cloud Computing, Software. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 8 more industries for this fund.
The fund was established by Tim Schigel. The overall number of key employees in the fund's team is 3.
Refinery Ventures participates, on average, in 12 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments in other funds. This fund was the most active in 2019. Besides, in 2019 the fund was active. The most exits for the fund occurred in 2019. The fund usually participates in 2-6 investment rounds per year. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. In real terms, this VC performs 30 percentage points more exits than other funds.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 4-5 participants. Aside from Refinery Ventures, start-ups are often funded by M25, Connetic Ventures, Router Ventures and 4 other funds. The most common co-investors for the fund are Grand Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Wireframe Ventures and also 3 different VCs. The investors in the following rounds are usually Y Combinator, West, South Carolina Research Authority.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.