In 2008 was created Progress Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The company was established in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the Cambridge.
The fund was created by Sam Thompson. The overall number of key employees were 5.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the Progress Ventures, startups are often financed by Verizon Ventures, Compound, Acadia Woods Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Connecticut Innovations, Allen & Company, AAF Management Ltd.. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by ff Venture Capital, Polaris Partners, Extreme Venture Partners.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 investment rounds annually. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 12 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The high activity for fund was in 2011. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. This Progress Ventures works on 4 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018.
The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 2 or 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Skyword, Localytics, IRIS.TV. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Software, Advertising.
|2M||29 Sep 2015||United States, Stamford|
|2M||17 Mar 2011||United States, Fort Worth|
|25M||24 Jun 2021||United Kingdom, Boston|
|4M||12 Oct 2011||Panama, San Francisco|
|500K||01 Dec 2011||United States, New York|
|10M||24 Jun 2021||United States, Stamford|
|2M||24 Jun 2021||United States, Cleveland|
|5M||24 Jun 2021||United States, Los Angeles|
|2M||09 May 2014||United States, Oakland|
|1M||11 Oct 2011||United Kingdom, Boston|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.