Compound is the famous VC, which was founded in 2016. The main office of represented VC is situated in the New York. The company was established in North America in United States.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 participants. Despite the Compound, startups are often financed by ff Venture Capital, Y Combinator, SV Angel. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Lerer Hippeau, Greycroft, Great Oaks Venture Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by RRE Ventures, FirstMark, Lerer Hippeau.
Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The typical startup value when the investment from Compound is 50-100 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2016. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Thrive Market, Finova Financial, Sailthru. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund.
The current fund was established by Janine Yorio. The overall number of key employees were 17.
Funds with similar focus
|12 May 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$24M||16 Feb 2022||San Jose, California, United States|
|$41M||19 Jan 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$5M||06 Jan 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$32M||11 Nov 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$100M||14 Sep 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|$2M||28 May 2021||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|$41M||25 Mar 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$13M||18 Mar 2021||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
– Tia, the modern medical home for women, announced a $100m Series B funding round led by Lone Pine Capital with additional participation from other investors including Threshold, Define Ventures, Torch Capital, ACME, Compound, Combine, The Helm, Human Ventures, Seae Ventures and Gingerbread Capital.
– This brings Tia’s total funding to $132m.
– Tia will use the fresh investment to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023.
– The funding will also help Tia grow its virtual & in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives — from puberty to menopause.
– Ease Raises $41M in Series C Financing.
– The round was led by Spectrum Equity with participation from existing investors Centana Growth Partners, Propel Venture Partners, Freestyle Capital, Compound Ventures and Upside Partnership.
– In conjunction with the investment, Vic Parker from Spectrum Equity will join Ease’s board of directors.
– The company intends to use the funds to enable SMBs to leverage employee data to connect all their systems, as well as hire new talent, including the recent appointment of Mari Kemp to Senior Vice President of HR.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.