Wellcome Trust appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1936. The venture was found in Europe in United Kingdom. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the London.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is no match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Health Diagnostics, Medical Device. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Instacart, DoorDash, Klarna.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Wellcome Trust, startups are often financed by Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, ARCH Venture Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are ARCH Venture Partners, Venrock, Abingworth. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Novo Holdings, Venrock, ARCH Venture Partners.
The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. The top activity for fund was in 2011. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Opposing the other organizations, this Wellcome Trust works on 2 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The real fund results show that this VC is 11 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The average startup value when the investment from Wellcome Trust is more than 1 billion dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2014.
The current fund was established by Sir Henry Wellcome. The overall number of key employees were 1.
|6M||23 Apr 2021||United Kingdom, Vale of White Horse|
|130M||08 Apr 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|1M||27 Jul 2020||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|27M||03 Jun 2020||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|1M||09 Mar 2020||United Kingdom, Thurleigh|
|1M||06 Aug 2019||United States, Seattle|
|68M||18 Mar 2019||United States, Boston|
|42M||02 Aug 2018||United States, Boston|
|8M||19 Jun 2018||United States, Boston|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.