Domain Associates appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1985. The main office of represented VC is situated in the San Diego. The venture was found in North America in United States.
Besides them, we counted 9 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Health Diagnostics, Biotechnology. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Pharmion, Santarus, Tobira Therapeutics. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2014. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. Comparing to the other companies, this Domain Associates performs on 3 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. When the investment is from Domain Associates the average startup value is 50-100 millions dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2012. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 1 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Domain Associates, startups are often financed by Montreux Equity Partners, Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation, Venrock. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Morgenthaler Ventures, Venrock, MPM Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Kleiner Perkins, Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation, Canaan Partners.
Funds with similar focus
|$37M||13 Oct 2021||Massachusetts, United States|
|$96M||12 Apr 2021||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|$55M||06 Aug 2020||Massachusetts, United States|
|$3M||24 Jul 2020||New Jersey, United States|
|$15M||16 Jul 2020||San Diego, California, United States|
|$5M||18 May 2020||San Diego, California, United States|
|$70M||01 Apr 2020||San Diego, California, United States|
|$60M||09 Jan 2020||San Diego, California, United States|
|$28M||17 Dec 2019||Carlsbad, California, United States|
– Antios Therapeutics from San Diego, CA announced the successful completion of a $96m Series B financing.
– The financing was led by Soleus Capital with participation from new major investors RA Capital Management, Adage Capital Management LP, Pontifax and Aisling Capital as well as other healthcare focused funds, Altium Capital, Amzak Health, Granite Point Capital Management, LP, and LifeSci Venture Partners and participation from all of the original Series A investors including Lumira Ventures, CAM Capital, Delos Capital, Domain Associates and Sixty Degree Capital.
– Antios Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of innovative therapies to treat and cure viral diseases.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.