Firsthand Technology Value Fund is the famous VC, which was founded in 2011. The main department of described VC is located in the San Jose. The company was established in North America in United States.
The current fund was established by Kevin Landis. We also calculated 1 valuable employee in our database.
The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 investment rounds annually. Comparing to the other companies, this Firsthand Technology Value Fund performs on 7 percentage points more the average number of lead investments. The high activity for fund was in 2014. When the investment is from Firsthand Technology Value Fund the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 16 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Firsthand Technology Value Fund, startups are often financed by Crosslink Capital, Trident Capital, Shasta Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Knight Enterprise Fund, FirstMark, Crosslink Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Crosslink Capital, Convexa Capital Ventures, Battery Ventures.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline SolarCity, IP Unity, Telepathy Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Mobile Advertising, Network Hardware. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
Funds with similar focus
|Antfactory||England, London, United Kingdom|
|Cullen International||Belgium, Brussels, Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest|
|Flashpoint Investments LLC||-|
|Mosaic Private Equity||Cheshire, United Kingdom, Wilmslow|
|Natural Gas Innovation Fund||Canada, Ontario, Ottawa|
|Rembrandt Venture Partners||California, San Francisco, United States|
|Shinhan Financial Group||Seoul, Seoul-t'ukpyolsi, South Korea|
|Whitestone Communication Networks||Eschborn, Germany, Hessen|
|$8M||31 Aug 2018||California, United States|
|01 Sep 2016||Fremont, California, United States|
|31 Mar 2016||Fremont, California, United States|
|$18M||13 May 2015||New York, United States|
|31 Dec 2014||Fremont, California, United States|
|31 Aug 2014||Fremont, California, United States|
|$7M||30 Jun 2014||New York, New York, United States|
|$30M||18 Mar 2014||Austin, Texas, United States|
|$80M||13 Jan 2014||Redwood City, California, United States|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.