Farallon Capital Management appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1986. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the San Francisco.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Farallon Capital Management, startups are often financed by Venrock, New Leaf Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Sutter Hill Ventures, Chengwei Capital, Hillhouse Capital Group. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Sutter Hill Ventures, Chengwei Capital, Tencent Holdings.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - China. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Go-Jek, Manbang Group, Intarcia Therapeutics We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Health Care, Media and Entertainment.
This organization was formed by Tom Steyer. We also calculated 10 valuable employees in our database.
The fund is constantly included in less than 2 investment rounds annually. The important activity for fund was in 2006. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The average startup value when the investment from Farallon Capital Management is more than 1 billion dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 9 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. Comparing to the other companies, this Farallon Capital Management performs on 1 percentage points less the average number of lead investments.
Funds with similar focus
|Ambrosia Software||New York, Rochester, United States|
|Coverys||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|KCK||New York, New York, United States|
|MDSI Mobile Data Solutions Inc.||British Columbia, Canada, Richmond|
|Merchants Capital Partners LP||New York, New York, United States|
|MITS Fund||California, Los Altos, United States|
|Osaka Gas USA||Houston, Texas, United States|
|ProSeed Venture Capital Fund||Israel, Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv District|
|Two Roads Group||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|$128M||21 Feb 2022||Paris, Ile-de-France, France|
|$57M||17 Feb 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$30M||10 Feb 2022||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|$70M||29 Oct 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$165M||26 Oct 2021||France, Ile-de-France, France|
|$102M||08 Sep 2021||Irvine, California, United States|
|$375M||01 Sep 2021||Boulder, Colorado, United States|
|$292M||23 Aug 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$75M||04 Aug 2021||Shanghai, Shanghai, China|
– Zepz, formerly WorldRemit, a digital cross-border payments platform operating two market-leading brands (WorldRemit and Sendwave, acquired in 2021), with over 11 million users1 across 150 countries, announces it has raised $292m in new financing, achieving a valuation of $5bn.
– The round includes new equity investors Farallon Capital among others, as well as backing from existing investors Leapfrog, TCV and Accel.
– Zepz is revolutionizing the P2P cross-border payments market, an estimated $1tn market opportunity which continues to be predominantly offline and is characterised by high prices and poor customer experience.
– Zentera Therapeutics, a Shanghai, China-based clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, raised $75M in Series B funding.
– The round was led by OrbiMed Advisors Asia and Tybourne Capital Management with participation from Avidity Partners, Casdin Capital, Surveyor Capital, Farallon Capital Management, Lilly Asia Ventures, Logos Capital, Perceptive Advisors, Redmile Group and Viking Global Investors.
– The company intends to use the funds to advance the development of three Zentalis-discovered oncology clinical candidates as well as business development for future pipeline additions in China.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.