Hillhouse Capital Group appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2005. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Changyang. The company was established in Asia in China.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight JD.com, Airbnb, iQiyi. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Medical, Health Care. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - China. The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Hillhouse Capital Group, startups are often financed by Sequoia Capital, Lilly Asia Ventures, Tencent Holdings. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Shunwei Capital, Qiming Venture Partners, Sirona Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Temasek Holdings, IDG Capital, Sequoia Capital China.
This organization was formed by Zhang Lei. We also calculated 12 valuable employees in our database.
The important activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this Hillhouse Capital Group performs on 7 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 23 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 investment rounds annually. The average startup value when the investment from Hillhouse Capital Group is more than 1 billion dollars.
|$2B||24 Nov 2021||Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia|
|$70M||17 Nov 2021||Shanghai, China|
|$10M||16 Nov 2021||Shanghai, China|
|11 Nov 2021||Minhang, Shanghai, China|
|$128M||01 Sep 2021||Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands|
|03 Aug 2021||-|
|$150M||26 Jul 2021||Clamart, Ile-de-France, France|
|$350M||19 Jul 2021||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|14 Jul 2021||Shanghai, Shanghai, China|
– Amsterdam-based startup VanMoof has raised a $128m Series C funding round.
– The company designs and sells electric bikes that are quite popular in some markets.
– It now wants to become the world’s leading e-bike brand by iterating at a faster pace.
– Asia-based private equity firm Hillhouse Investment is leading the round, with Gillian Tans, the former CEO of Booking.com, also participating.
– Some existing investors also put some more money on the table, such as Norwest Venture Partners, Felix Capital, Balderton Capital and TriplePoint Capital.
– Overall, if you add it all up, the startup has raised $182m in total.
– Impress, a Southern European player in direct-to-consumer orthodontics, has raised a $50m Series A funding round.
– The round was led by CareCapital (a dental division of Hillhouse Capital in Asia), along with Nickleby Capital, UNIQA Ventures and investors including Michael Linse, Valentin Pitarque, Peter Schiff, Elliot Dornbusch and others.
– All existing shareholders, such as TA Ventures and Bynd VC, also participated.
– Impress is an homage to the direct-to-consumer startups in this area in the U.S., such as SmileDirect, and now plans to scale across Europe from its existing bases in Spain, Italy, Portugal, the U.K. and France.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.