Courtside Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2015. The main department of described VC is located in the New York. The company was established in North America in United States.
The fund was created by Deepen Parikh, Vasu Kulkarni. The overall number of key employees were 6.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Courtside Ventures, startups are often financed by Techstars, Ore Ventures, Transmedia Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Sterling.VC, Advancit Capital, Elysian Park Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Sterling.VC, Sky, GC VR Gaming Tracker Fund.
Comparing to the other companies, this Courtside Ventures performs on 23 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The real fund results show that this VC is 6 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The typical startup value when the investment from Courtside Ventures is 50-100 millions dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2016. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Robotics, Video Games. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight StockX, REBEL, Religion of Sports.
Funds with similar focus
|$26M||31 Aug 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$10M||29 Jul 2021||Canada, Montreal|
|$5M||07 Jul 2021||United States, Los Angeles|
|$9M||30 Jun 2021||Canada, Vancouver|
|$6M||27 May 2021||United States, New York|
|$13M||03 May 2021||India, New Delhi|
|$9M||09 Apr 2021||India, New Delhi|
|$7M||13 Jan 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$3M||03 Dec 2020||United States, New York|
– Silofit is a network company which develops and operates private micro-gyms.
– The company raised $10.25M in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Whitecap Ventures Partners with participation from Courtside Ventures and Alate Partners, David Grutman, Fitt Ventures and Fitt Insider.
– The company intends to use the funds to support its expansion to the U.S. market, which includes opening 50 new Silos across five U.S. cities, beginning with Miami and Chicago, and build out its leadership team adding 25 new hires over the next year to its current team of 50 employees based in Montreal and Toronto; and establishing its U.S. headquarters in Miami.
– Dibbs, the only real-time fractional sports card marketplace, announced its $13m Series A financing round led by Foundry Group.
– Tusk Venture Partners, Courtside Ventures, and Founder Collective also participated in the round, as did a syndicate of superstar athletes, including Chris Paul, Channing Frye, DeAndre Hopkins, Kevin Love, Kris Bryant, and Skylar Diggins-Smith.
– Following a closed beta that kicked off in March of 2021, the Dibbs platform recently became available to all US-based users across iOS, Android, and the web.
– Dibbs enables fans to buy and sell fractions of sports cards, in real-time.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.