Casdin Capital appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2011. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the New York. The company was established in North America in United States.
The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. This Casdin Capital works on 13 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The high activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 12 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The typical startup value when the investment from Casdin Capital is more than 1 billion dollars.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 7-8 partakers. Despite the Casdin Capital, startups are often financed by The Column Group, ARCH Venture Partners, Topspin Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Foresite Capital, Redmile Group, Wellington Management. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Redmile Group, Perceptive Advisors, GV.
We also calculated 2 valuable employees in our database.
The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 1 of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Pharmaceutical, Therapeutics. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Foundation Medicine, Flatiron Health, 23andMe. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States.
|150M||08 Jun 2021||United States, New York|
|200M||26 May 2021||United States, Wilmington|
|77M||18 May 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|100M||06 May 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|200M||05 May 2021||United States, Fort Myers|
|110M||03 May 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|225M||27 Apr 2021||United Kingdom, Oxford|
|100M||15 Apr 2021||United States, New York|
|20M||14 Apr 2021|
– Hexagon Bio, a biopharmaceutical company pioneering the discovery of medicines encoded in the global metagenome, announced that it has raised $61 million to fuel the continued development of its platform to design and develop new therapeutics mined from microbial genomes. – Nextech Invest led the financing, with participation from new investors SoftBank Vision Fund 2* and Casdin Capital, as well as existing investors The Column Group, 8VC, and Two Sigma Ventures. – Hexagon’s interdisciplinary platform combines... Read more
– ROME Therapeutics announced the completion of a $77m Series B financing round. – The round was led by new investor Section 32 and included participation from Sanofi Ventures, Casdin Capital, Andreessen Horowitz and Alexandria Venture Investments. – ROME’s mission is to harness the power of the repeatome – the roughly 60% of the human genome consisting of repetitive sequences of nucleic acids, known as repeats – to discover powerful new classes of medicines for cancer and autoimmune diseases. – ROME... Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.