Biotechnology Value Fund is the famous VC, which was founded in 1993. The venture was found in North America in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the San Francisco.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Biotechnology Value Fund, startups are often financed by Third Rock Ventures, The Column Group, Celgene. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are EcoR1 Capital, RA Capital Management, Nextech Invest. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by EcoR1 Capital, Surveyor Capital, RA Capital Management.
We also calculated 5 valuable employees in our database.
Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Health Care, Medical. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Relay Therapeutics, Merus, Vividion Therapeutics
Comparing to the other companies, this Biotechnology Value Fund performs on 30 percentage points more the average number of lead investments. The high activity for fund was in 2018. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 deals per year. The real fund results show that this VC is 11 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. Deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars are the general things for fund.
Funds with similar focus
|$105M||13 Jul 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$100M||08 Apr 2021||Massachusetts, United States|
|$152M||30 Mar 2021||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$125M||28 Dec 2020||California, United States|
|$54M||22 Jul 2020||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$76M||11 Jun 2020||San Diego, California, United States|
|$28M||20 May 2020||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$102M||12 Mar 2020||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$30M||31 Jan 2020||Massachusetts, United States|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.