Bain Capital Life Sciences appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2016. The company was established in North America in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Boston.
The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Manufacturing, Health Care. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Annexon Biosciences, Rapid Micro Biosystems, Pharvaris
The overall number of key employees were 2.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 partakers. Despite the Bain Capital Life Sciences, startups are often financed by Correlation Ventures, Omega Funds, Longitude Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are RA Capital Management, Cormorant Asset Management, Foresite Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Samsara BioCapital, Pfizer Venture Investments, Perceptive Advisors.
The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 70 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars. The top activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. This Bain Capital Life Sciences works on 21 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually.
Funds with similar focus
New Amsterdam Pharma
|$235M||23 Nov 2022||The Netherlands, North Holland, Netherlands|
|$107M||15 Nov 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
Emalex Biosciences, Inc.
|$250M||03 Nov 2022||Illinois, United States|
|$75M||30 Sep 2022||Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States|
|$132M||22 Sep 2022||Charlottesville, Virginia, United States|
|$125M||12 Sep 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$100M||31 Aug 2022||Munich, Bavaria, Germany|
|$350M||12 Jul 2022||-|
|$130M||08 Jul 2022||South San Francisco, California, United States|
– Amylyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. closed $135m in Series C financing.
– Viking Global Investors led the round with participation from Bain Capital Life Sciences, Perceptive Advisors, Rock Springs Capital, Woodline Partners, Marshall Wace, Tybourne Capital Management, Verition Fund Management, aMoon Fund and Falcon Edge.
– The company intends to use the funds for the clinical development and potential launch plans for lead product candidate AMX0035, for the potential treatment of ALS, and further research and development in other neurodegenerative diseases.
– Imperative Care, Inc. announced that it has closed a $260m Series D financing led by D1 Capital Partners.
– New investors HealthCor Investments LLC and Innovatus Capital Partners also joined the round. Existing Imperative Care investors Ally Bridge Group, Bain Capital Life Sciences, Ascension Ventures, Delos Capital, Rock Springs Capital, and Amed Ventures participated in the financing.
– James Rogers from D1 will join Imperative Care’s Board of Directors.
– Proceeds from the financing will be used to support ongoing commercialization and development of a wide range of Imperative Care’s technologies in the broad continuum of stroke care, as well as to create a strategic network of wholly owned development subsidiaries in a number of areas of synergy.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.