Credit Suisse First Boston is the famous Corporate Investor, which was founded in 1996. The venture was found in Europe in Switzerland. The main department of described Corporate Investor is located in the Zurich.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 7-8 participants. Despite the Credit Suisse First Boston, startups are often financed by Novo Holdings, Mayfield Fund, HealthCap. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Wheatley Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Bay City Capital, Vulcan Capital, New Enterprise Associates.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight RightNow Technologies, Salesforce, TradingEdge. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Optical Communication, Manufacturing. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
Deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The real fund results show that this Corporate Investor is 9 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. The typical startup value when the investment from Credit Suisse First Boston is 100-500 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2000. Comparing to the other companies, this Credit Suisse First Boston performs on 12 percentage points more the average number of lead investments. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2005.
We also calculated 50 valuable employees in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|$5M||22 Oct 2006||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|$14M||16 Sep 2004||South San Francisco, California, United States|
|23 Jun 2004||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$35M||07 Jan 2004||New Jersey, United States|
|$6M||20 Dec 2002||South San Francisco, California, United States|
Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited
|$613M||01 Jun 2002||-|
|$40M||02 Jan 2002||Cupertino, California, United States|
|$16M||11 Dec 2001||California, United States|
|$46M||01 Jun 2001||San Francisco, California, United States|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.