The main department of described VC is located in the Boston. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Medical, Life Science. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Audentes Therapeutics, Innovent Biologics, ZAI Lab
The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The top activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars. When the investment is from Cormorant Asset Management the average startup value is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 2 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. This Cormorant Asset Management works on 22 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 investment rounds annually.
We also calculated 2 valuable employees in our database.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 partakers. Despite the Cormorant Asset Management, startups are often financed by ARCH Venture Partners, Third Rock Ventures, New Enterprise Associates. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Foresite Capital, Wellington Management, EcoR1 Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by EcoR1 Capital, Visionnaire Ventures, Senvest Capital.
|$85M||05 Jan 2023||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$65M||04 Nov 2022||San Diego, California, United States|
|$55M||19 Oct 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$100M||31 Aug 2022||Munich, Bavaria, Germany|
|$109M||12 Aug 2022||Massachusetts, United States|
|$42M||02 Aug 2022||California, United States|
|$150M||10 May 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$37M||29 Apr 2022||California, United States|
|$300M||19 Apr 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
– ShouTi Inc. announced the close of a $100m Series B financing round.
– The round was led by BVF Partners. Additional new investors include Casdin Capital, Cormorant Asset Management, Janus Henderson Investors, Lilly Asia Ventures, Monashee Capital, Sage Partners, Stork Capital, Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), TCG X, Terra Magnum Capital Partners, Woodline Partners, and co-founder and strategic partner Schrödinger.
– Existing investors also participated in the financing, including Eight Roads, F-Prime Capital Partners, Qiming Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital China, TF Capital and Wuxi AppTec.
– Garuda Therapeutics from Cambridge develops off-the-shelf, durable blood stem cell therapies.
– Series A funding of $72m brings company valuation to more than $1b.
– The round was led by Aisling Capital, Northpond Ventures and Orbimed, supported by Cormorant Asset Management, Ridgeback Capital Investments, Monashee Investment Management, Sectoral Asset Management, National Resilience, Inc. (Resilience), Mass General Brigham Ventures, among others.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.