This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Redwood City
The VC's location is in North America, United States. The the headquarters of this VC is in Redwood City.
The fund was established by Warren Weiss. Besides the listed founders, we have found 3 key employees of this fund in our database.
We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Bitcoin, Network Security. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success. Also, a start-up has to be aged 2-3 years to expect investment from this fund. The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. Besides this, the fund also invested in 1 other country. OverWatchID, Theta Lake, MistNet.ai are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. If the applying start-up has 4 or 5+ founders, it is very unlikely that funding will be awarded.
The highest number of exits from this fund were in 2019. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. In comparison with other funds, WestWave Capital makes 20 percentage points less than the average number of lead investments. The fund's activity peaked in 2019. The fund usually participates in 2-6 investment rounds per year.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 3-4 participants. Aside from WestWave Capital, start-ups are often funded by Terry Eger, Qualcomm Ventures, Copper River Advisors. The fund often co-invests with Neotribe Ventures, security company, Zetta Venture Partners. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by Xplorer Capital, True Ventures, Redpoint.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
9.1% of cases
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.