Western Technology Investment is the famous VC, which was founded in 1980. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the Portola Valley.
The overall number of key employees were 9.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as SaaS, Software. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Facebook, Jet.com, Stitch Fix.
The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2015. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. Comparing to the other companies, this Western Technology Investment performs on 1 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 9 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The average startup value when the investment from Western Technology Investment is 100-500 millions dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the Western Technology Investment, startups are often financed by Founders Fund, Plug and Play, New Enterprise Associates. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Y Combinator, Founders Fund, Plug and Play. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by First Round Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Streamlined Ventures.
|8M||09 Jun 2011||United States, Palo Alto|
|3M||10 Dec 2014|
|6M||07 Dec 2018||Nigeria, Lagos|
|2M||19 Mar 2015||United States, Redwood City|
|600K||30 Sep 2012||United States, New York|
|3M||19 Nov 2019||Panama, San Francisco|
|4M||25 Aug 2020||United States, Seattle|
|1M||09 Feb 2015||Panama, San Francisco|
|12 Sep 2007||United States, Waltham|
|100K||30 Jun 2008||Panama, San Francisco|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.