Wellington Partners appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1998. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in Germany. The main department of described VC is located in the Munich.
The fund was created by Rolf Christof Dienst. Besides them, we counted 7 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The important activity for fund was in 2014. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 11 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2014. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. The average startup value when the investment from Wellington Partners is more than 1 billion dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this Wellington Partners works on 7 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments.
Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Therapeutics, E-Commerce. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Spotify, Carisma Therapeutics, Livebookings Holdings Ltd.. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Germany. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Wellington Partners, startups are often financed by Auriga Partners, 3i Group, High-Tech Gru00fcnderfonds. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Balderton Capital, Partech, Cipio Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Balderton Capital, OpenOcean, Northzone.
Funds with similar focus
|$33M||27 Sep 2022||Munich, Bavaria, Germany|
|$30M||21 Sep 2022||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|$55M||16 Sep 2022||Paris, Ile-de-France, France|
|$16M||15 Sep 2022||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|$113M||13 Jun 2022||Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France|
|$12M||19 May 2022||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|$55M||05 May 2022||Gothenburg, Västra Götaland County, Sweden|
|$111M||02 May 2022||Las Condes, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile|
|$22M||09 Dec 2021||Austin, Texas, United States|
– eGenesis from Cambridge, Mass. develops human-compatible organs, tissues, and cells.
– The company raised $125m in Series C funding.
– Backers included Farallon Capital Management, Polaris Partners, HBM Healthcare Investments, Invus, Samsara BioCapital, LifeSci Venture Partners, Irving Investors, Catalio Capital Management, SymBiosis, Altium Capital, Monashee Investment Management, and Osage University Partners and existing investors Leaps by Bayer, Fresenius Medical Care Ventures, ARCH Venture Partners, Wellington Partners, Khosla Ventures, and Alta Partners.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.