OpenOcean appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2011. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Helsinki. The company was established in Europe in Finland.
When the investment is from OpenOcean the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this OpenOcean performs on 25 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The top activity for fund was in 2014. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. The real fund results show that this VC is 15 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies.
The fund was created by Patrik Backman. Besides them, we counted 10 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the OpenOcean, startups are often financed by Wellington Partners, Piton Capital, Louis Monier. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Tesi, Wellington Partners, Earlybird Venture Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Tesi, Wellington Partners, Piton Capital.
We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Mobile, SaaS. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Booksy, MariaDB Corporation, Oppex For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund.
Funds with similar focus
|$72M||03 May 2022||Vilnius, Vilnius County, Lithuania|
|$11M||10 Jan 2022||Augsburg, Bavaria, Germany|
|$3M||16 Dec 2021||Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland|
|$10M||01 Dec 2021||San Diego, California, United States|
|$60M||23 Nov 2021||Budapest, Hungary|
|$60M||15 Nov 2021||Budapest, Hungary|
|$6M||01 Nov 2021||Berkeley, California, United States|
|$16M||14 Sep 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$9M||22 Jul 2021||Germany, Hesse, Germany|
– PassFort is a London, UK-based SaaS RegTech platform.
– The company raised 16.2m USD in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Level Equity, with participation from existing investors OpenOcean, Episode 1 and Entrepreneur First. $4.89m worth of venture debt was also provided by Shard Credit Partners.
– The new investment will be used to expand the company’s global growth plans.
– Cambri, a Helsinki, Finland-based market research automation and SaaS startup that accelerates product and concept testing of consumer brands, raised €3.6M in Series A funding.
– The round was led by OpenOcean and Spintop Ventures.
– The company intends to use the funds to continue to expand operations and its business reach.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.