Northzone appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1996. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Stockholm. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in Sweden.
The current fund was established by Bjorn Stray, Tellef Thorleifsson. The overall number of key employees were 9.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - Sweden. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Advertising, SaaS. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Spotify, Klarna, IZettle. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Northzone, startups are often financed by Global Founders Capital, GP Bullhound, Index Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Industrifonden, Conor Venture Partners, Global Founders Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Industrifonden, Index Ventures, Creandum.
The important activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Opposing the other organizations, this Northzone works on 10 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. When the investment is from Northzone the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 25 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
Funds with similar focus
|$16M||02 Sep 2021||Sweden, " Sweden"}|
|$20M||29 Jul 2021||United States, New York|
|$27M||22 Jul 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$12M||01 Jul 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$4M||23 Jun 2021||United States, New York|
|$238M||21 Jun 2021||Germany, Berlin|
|$140M||02 Jun 2021||United States, New York|
|$6M||31 Mar 2021||United Kingdom, London|
|$52M||02 Mar 2021||Germany, Berlin|
– Spring Health, the most comprehensive global mental health solution for employers and health plans, has secured $190m in Series C funding.
– Top healthcare investor Kinnevik led the round and was joined by new investor The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America (Guardian Life), along with existing investors Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, and True Capital Ventures.
– The company’s total investment to date is $300m, bringing the company’s current valuation to $2bn on the heels of approximately 6x revenue growth over the past year.
– SellersFunding secured $166.5m in a combination of Series A equity funding and a credit facility.
– Northzone led the round and was joined by Endeavor Catalyst and Fasanara.
– The company created a digital platform that delivers financial tools and resources to streamline global commerce for thousands of marketplaces, including working capital, cross-border cash management, tax solutions and business valuation.
– The company has consistently grown 300% year over year.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.