Story Ventures is the famous VC, which was founded in 2016. The company was established in North America in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the New York.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight WaystoCap, nemedio, Jiko. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Marketplace, FinTech. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager.
The typical startup value when the investment from Story Ventures is 5-10 millions dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this Story Ventures works on 24 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2017. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 15 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year.
This organization was formed by Jacob Yormak. We also calculated 2 valuable employees in our database.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 participants. Despite the Story Ventures, startups are often financed by Grand Central Tech, The Gramercy Fund, Signia Venture Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Fontinalis Partners, Third Prime, Rosecliff Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Upfront Ventures, Third Prime, Valar Ventures.
Funds with similar focus
|Avenue A Ventures||New York, New York, United States|
|Foragen Technologies Management||Canada, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon|
|Global Risk Technologies||County Dublin, Dublin, Ireland|
|Global Technology Group||New York, New York, United States|
|Hanhai Panshi Ziben||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Latour Capital||France, Ile-de-France, Paris|
|Lichengbei Chuangtou||China, Qingdao Shi, Shandong|
|National Vision||Duluth, Georgia, United States|
|NEC Corporation of America||Irving, Texas, United States|
|Originate||California, San Francisco, United States|
|Pacific Western Bank||Beverly Hills, California, United States|
|Podfund||Massachusetts, Somerville, United States|
|RNR Ventures||Alabama, Huntsville, United States|
|Spotlight Capital Holdings Inc||California, Los Angeles, United States|
|Upper Canada Equity Fund||Canada, Ontario, Toronto|
|Vornado Realty Trust||New York, New York, United States|
|$25M||12 Jul 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$5M||09 Mar 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$7M||08 Mar 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$40M||16 Feb 2022||California, United States|
|$4M||13 Dec 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|$32M||08 Dec 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|$3M||11 Aug 2021||Poznań, Greater Poland Voivodeship, Poland|
|$7M||08 Jul 2021||Oakland, California, United States|
|01 Mar 2021||New York, New York, United States|
– Smile Identity from Lagos, Nigeria provides ID verification and KYC compliance through Artificial Intelligence.
– The company raised $7M in Series A Funding.
– The round was led by Costanoa Ventures with participation from CRE Venture Capital, Local Globe, Intercept Ventures, Future Africa Ventures, Khosla Impact ValueStream Ventures, Beta Ventures, 500 Startups and Story Ventures.
– The company plans to use the new funding to improve its services, expand across more markets, add support for more ID types and hire more engineers and support staff across Africa.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.