The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. Samsung Catalyst Fund appeared to be a CVC structure as part of the corporation. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Menlo Park.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Graphcore, Ring, IonQ. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little.
Besides them, we counted 1 critical employee of this fund in our database.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the Samsung Catalyst Fund, startups are often financed by Magma Venture Partners, Robert Bosch Venture Capital, Zohar Zisapel. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Robert Bosch Venture Capital, Sequoia Capital, Sean Rad. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Shenzhen Capital Group, Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center, Qualcomm Ventures.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 12 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Comparing to the other companies, this Samsung Catalyst Fund performs on 16 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. When the investment is from Samsung Catalyst Fund the average startup value is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2017. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year.
|60M||06 Apr 2017|
|30M||22 Mar 2017|
|7M||04 Apr 2016||Israel, Ramat Gan|
|60M||30 May 2017||United States, San Jose|
|20M||14 Dec 2020||Germany, Augsburg|
|16 Jul 2018|
|9M||18 May 2017||United States, Austin|
|30 Sep 2019||Switzerland, Zurich|
|14M||01 Jul 2020||United States, South San Francisco|
|8M||07 May 2021||Israel, Tel Aviv-Yafo|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.