In 2008 was created Relay Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Toronto. The company was established in North America in Canada.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Relay Ventures, startups are often financed by BDC Venture Capital, First Round Capital, Storm Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are First Round Capital, GrandBanks Capital, Alexa Fund. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Kensington Capital Partners Limited, Verizon Ventures, GrandBanks Capital.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this Relay Ventures performs on 7 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2014. The high activity for fund was in 2016. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. The real fund results show that this VC is 12 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies.
The current fund was established by John Albright, Kevin Talbot. The overall number of key employees were 12.
Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Internet, E-Commerce. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight TouchBistro, QuickPlay Media, Achievers. For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
Funds with similar focus
Thanks Boomerang, Inc
|$2M||13 Apr 2022||El Segundo, California, United States|
Blue J Legal
|$9M||11 Aug 2021||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|05 Aug 2021||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|04 Aug 2021||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|$2M||03 Jun 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$21M||27 May 2021||Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada|
|$8M||30 Apr 2021||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$5M||09 Mar 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
Good Buy Gear
|$6M||06 Oct 2020||Colorado, United States|
– Blue J, the leading provider of predictive analysis tools for tax positions, announces that the company has raised US$9M in Series B financing led by Generation Ventures. The round includes participation from returning investors Relay Ventures, Mistral Venture Partners and LDV Partners.
– In conjunction with the financing, Geoff Beattie, Chairman of Generation Ventures, is joining Blue J’s board of directors.
– Bird Canada, which operates an electric vehicle sharing program, closed an additional round of funding of undisclosed amount.
– The round was led by new investor MKB, with participation from existing investors Obelysk, Relay Ventures, and Alate Partners.
– The company will use the funds to expand into additional markets, extend its reach to new cities, double the size of its team, and acquire more e-scooters and e-bikes to support its growth.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.