MaRS Investment Accelerator Fund is the famous VC, which was founded in 2007. The company was established in North America in Canada. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Toronto.
We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as SaaS, Artificial Intelligence. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Top Hat, Fiix Software, Dejero Labs. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Canada.
The top activity for fund was in 2015. This MaRS Investment Accelerator Fund works on 12 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The average startup value when the investment from MaRS Investment Accelerator Fund is 5-10 millions dollars. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. The fund is generally included in 13-24 deals every year. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 8 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
The overall number of key employees were 7.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 partakers. Despite the MaRS Investment Accelerator Fund, startups are often financed by Creative Destruction Lab, Golden Ventures, BDC Venture Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are BDC Venture Capital, Ontario Centres of Excellence, Extreme Venture Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by BDC Venture Capital, Ontario Centres of Excellence, iGan Partners.
Funds with similar focus
|$18M||07 Jul 2022||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$3M||26 May 2022||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$2M||30 Apr 2022||(Old) Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|$3M||04 Apr 2022||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$2M||17 Mar 2022||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$13M||10 Feb 2022||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$1M||20 Jan 2022||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$15M||16 Dec 2021||Waterloo, Ontario, Canada|
|$1M||13 Sep 2021||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
– AmacaThera announced the close of an oversubscribed $10.3m Series A financing to support development of AMT-143, the company’s lead clinical asset, and pipeline expansion.
– The Series A round was led by Lumira Ventures and includes a global investor syndicate of existing investors, Viva BioInnovator and Sprout BioVentures, as well as new investors, BDC Capital Women in Technology (WIT) Venture Fund, Inveready, MBX Capital, CR Capital Management, StandUp Ventures, and MaRS IAF.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.