Apax Partners is the famous VC, which was founded in 1981. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in United Kingdom. The main office of represented VC is situated in the London.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Apax Partners, startups are often financed by Sevin Rosen Funds, Domain Associates, Alta Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Domain Associates, Star Ventures, Sevin Rosen Funds. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Star Ventures, Intel Capital, Accel.
Comparing to the other companies, this Apax Partners performs on 16 percentage points more the average number of lead investments. When the investment is from Apax Partners the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 16 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. The high activity for fund was in 2004. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2005.
The current fund was established by Alan Patricof, Ronald Cohen. The overall number of key employees were 38.
For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Semiconductor, Software. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight King.com, iGATE Global Solutions, Soufun. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
Funds with similar focus
|$910K||14 Feb 2022||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|$295M||24 Feb 2021||Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain|
|$550M||26 May 2020||Indiana, United States|
|04 Feb 2020||Irvine, California, United States|
|$1B||24 Sep 2019||London, England, United Kingdom|
|01 Jul 2019||Durham, North Carolina, United States|
|$200M||16 Jan 2019||New York, New York, United States|
|11 Sep 2018||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States|
|$20M||12 Jul 2018||New York, New York, United States|
– Tide from London, UK provides a business financial platform that offers business accounts and related banking services, as well as a comprehensive set of software solutions.
– The company raised $100m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by funds advised by Apax Digital, the growth equity team of Apax Partners, with participation from existing investors Anthemis, Augmentum, Jigsaw, Local Globe / Latitude, SBI, and SpeedInvest.
– The new investment will be used to continue to develop their business financial platform, grow their market share and expand globally.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.