In 2013 was created Playfair Capital, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the London. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in United Kingdom.
The typical startup value when the investment from Playfair Capital is more than 1 billion dollars. This Playfair Capital works on 26 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The high activity for fund was in 2015. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 15 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United Kingdom. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Software, Real Time. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Stripe, Andela, DueDil. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager.
The current fund was established by Federico Pirzio-Biroli. Besides them, we counted 3 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Playfair Capital, startups are often financed by Passion Capital, Octopus Ventures, Techstars. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Octopus Ventures, Meyer Bergman, MMC Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Octopus Ventures, Passion Capital, Oak Investment Partners.
|02 Apr 2013||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|3M||01 Nov 2015||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|1M||29 Sep 2015||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|125M||28 Jul 2020||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|17M||12 Jan 2017||Panama, San Francisco|
|1M||26 Jan 2015||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|1M||06 Apr 2016||Panama, San Francisco|
|2M||19 Oct 2015||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|2M||18 Jun 2015||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|1M||12 Nov 2013||Panama, San Francisco|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.