Motley Fool Ventures
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Alexandria
Motley Fool Ventures is a well known and established VC, which was founded in 2018. The main office of this VC is situated in Alexandria. The VC's location is in North America, United States.
Besides the listed founders, we have found 4 key employees of this fund in our database.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 other investors. Aside from Motley Fool Ventures, start-ups are often funded by Kapor Capital, The Motley Fool, SeedInvest and 7 other funds. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Kapor Capital, Joe Callinan, Walter Robb. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by Tom Golisano.
Affectiva, MotoRefi, MyWallSt are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. Besides this, the fund also invested in 1 other country. The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 4-5. The fund has specific requirements for the number of founders in a start-up. When a start-up has 4 founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified Education, SaaS. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 8 more industries for this fund.
The fund's activity peaked in 2019. The average start-up valuation at the time of investment from Motley Fool Ventures is 10-50 millions dollars. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. In real terms, this VC performs 30 percentage points more exits than other funds. The fund usually participates in 2-6 investment rounds per year.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.2 out of 1
Funds Investing Together
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.