In 2005 was created monashees, which is appeared as VC. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Su00e3o Paulo. The fund was located in South America if to be more exact in Brazil.
The fund was created by Eric Acher, Fabio Igel. Besides them, we counted 4 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the monashees, startups are often financed by 500 Startups, Canary, Kaszek Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Y Combinator, Accel, Valor Capital Group. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Tiger Global Management, Accel, Valor Capital Group.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Brazil. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are E-Commerce, Education. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Rappi, 99, REBEL.
The real fund results show that this VC is 5 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The important activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. Comparing to the other companies, this monashees performs on 18 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The average startup value when the investment from monashees is 100-500 millions dollars.
|212M||01 Mar 2021||Brazil, São Paulo|
|190M||07 Jan 2021||Brazil, Curitiba|
|14M||26 Nov 2020||Brazil, São Paulo|
|5M||18 Nov 2020||Brazil, São Paulo|
|12M||17 Nov 2020||United States, New York|
|10 Nov 2020||United States, Palo Alto|
|5M||03 Nov 2020||Brazil, Curitiba|
|12M||16 Oct 2020||Colombia, Buenaventura|
|3M||25 Sep 2020||Brazil, Rio|
– Pipo Saude, a startup that developed a platform that sells and manages healthcare benefits for Brazilian companies, has raised $20m in a Series A round of funding. – The round was led by Thrive Capital and joined by existing investors including Monashees, Kaszek and OneVC. – Nubank co-founder and CEO David Velez and Cedar co-founder and CEO Florian Otto (and former CEO of Groupon in Brazil) also joined in the round. Read more
– JOKR, a grocery and retail delivery platform, raised $170m in Series A funding. – The round was led by GGV Capital, Balderton Capital and Tiger Global Management. – It was joined by Activant Capital, Greycroft, Fabrice Grinda’s FJ Labs, as well as Latin America’s tech-specialized VC firms Kaszek and monashees, and HV Capital. – Based out of New York, where it launched last month JOKR plans to roll out across cities in the U.S., Latin America and Europe. – Right now it’s live in nine cities across L... Read more
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.