Brazil, São Paulo
Canary is a well known and established VC, which was founded in 2016. This investor is located in South America, Brazil. The primary office of this VC is located in São Paulo.
The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 2-3. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Information Services, Software. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 9 more areas of investment. The fund has no a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. When a start-up has 4 founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund coincides - Brazil. Gupy, Idwall, Hash are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund.
In real terms, this VC performs 50 percentage points more exits than other funds. In 2019, the fund's activity was at its peak. When Canary invests, the average start-up valuation is 100-500 millions dollars. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The fund usually participates in 13-24 investment rounds per year. Canary participates, on average, in 27 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments in other funds.
The fund was established by Florian Hagenbuch, Julio Vasconcellos, Marcos de Toledo Leite, Mate Pencz, Patrick de Picciotto. We also identified another 6 core personnel in our database.
The fund usually invests in rounds together with 2-3 others. Along with Canary, start-ups are often financed by monashees, Y Combinator, Mate Pencz as well as 7 other investors. The fund often co-invests with Valor Capital Group, Global Founders Capital, ONEVC, overall with 10 funds from our list. The investors in the following rounds are usually monashees, Kaszek Ventures, Valor Capital Group, and 8 VCs in total.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: canary.is; User name format in descending order of probability: first, first '.' last, last, first_initial last, first last
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
11.3% of cases
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.