Canary is the famous VC, which was founded in 2016. The main department of described VC is located in the Su00e3o Paulo. The company was established in South America in Brazil.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 partakers. Despite the Canary, startups are often financed by monashees, Y Combinator, Mate Pencz. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Valor Capital Group, Global Founders Capital, ONEVC. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by monashees, Kaszek Ventures, Valor Capital Group.
This Canary works on 27 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The important activity for fund was in 2019. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 investment rounds annually. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 50 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. When the investment is from Canary the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars.
Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Information Services, Software. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Brazil. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Gupy, Idwall, Hash
The current fund was established by Florian Hagenbuch, Julio Vasconcellos, Marcos de Toledo Leite, Mate Pencz, Patrick de Picciotto. We also calculated 6 valuable employees in our database.
|$3M||26 Aug 2021||Dover, Delaware, United States|
|10 Aug 2021||Sao Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil|
|$1M||01 Jul 2021||Minas Gerais, Acre, Brazil|
|$4M||16 Jun 2021||Caracas, Capital District, Venezuela|
|12 Mar 2021||São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil|
|$1M||10 Mar 2021||São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil|
|$1M||05 Mar 2021||Berkeley, California, United States|
|03 Sep 2020||São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil|
|$1M||01 Sep 2020||Buenaventura, Valle del Cauca, Colombia|
– Tuna, a Latin American payments company, raised $3m in seed funding.
– The round was led by Canary and Atlantico.
– The company is on a mission to “fine tune” the payments space in Latin America.
– It boasts a customer list that includes the large Brazilian fashion chain Riachuelo.
– idwall, a Brazilian regtech, raised $38m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by Endurance and joined by GGV Capital, monashees, Canary, Qualcomm Ventures LLC, ONEVC, Peninsula and Norte.
– The company has grown 1,458% between 2017 and 2020, with average growth of 144% per year.
– Its clients include 10 unicorns, two out of the three biggest banks in Brazil and companies such as iFood, Claro, Cielo, Loggi, Ebanx, QuintoAndar and OLX, among others.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.