In 2011 was created Kaszek Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the Buenos Aires. The fund was located in South America if to be more exact in Brazil.
The fund was created by Hernan Kazah, Nicolas Szekasy. The overall number of key employees were 6.
The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Brazil. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Marketplace, Retail. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Nubank, Credijusto, GuiaBolso
Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 5 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2019. When the investment is from Kaszek Ventures the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. This Kaszek Ventures works on 17 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Kaszek Ventures, startups are often financed by monashees, Quona Capital, Google Launchpad Accelerator. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Tiger Global Management, Quona Capital, Global Founders Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Tiger Global Management, monashees, General Atlantic.
Funds with similar focus
|$33M||11 Feb 2021||Brazil, Sao Paulo|
|14 Jan 2021||Brazil, Curitiba|
|$255M||18 Dec 2020||Brazil, Sao Paulo|
|$2M||26 Nov 2020|
|$19M||18 Nov 2020||Mexico, Mexico City|
|$2M||16 Oct 2020||Brazil, " Brazil"}|
Nuvemshop | Tiendanube
|$30M||13 Oct 2020||Brazil, São Paulo|
|$15M||17 Sep 2020||Brazil, Sao Paulo|
|$22M||10 Jul 2020||Brazil, Porto Alegre|
– Chilean startup Xepelin, which has created a financial services platform for SMEs in Latin America, has secured $30m in equity and $200m in credit facilities.
– LatAm venture fund Kaszek Ventures led the equity portion of the financing, which also included participation from partners of DST Global and a slew of other firms and founders/angel investors.
– LatAm- and U.S.-based asset managers and hedge funds — including Chilean pension funds — provided the credit facilities.
– In total over its lifetime, Xepelin has raised over $36m in equity and $250m in asset-backed facilities.
– It currently has a portfolio of active loans for $120m and an asset-backed facility for more than $250m.
– Gympass, the largest corporate wellbeing platform, today announced the new investment round of $220M.
– The new investment made by Softbank, General Atlantic, Moore Strategic Ventures, Kaszek and Valor Capital Group.
– As people flock back to the gym, Gympass has seen its valuation more than double to $2.2B, reflecting the increased importance of wellbeing for companies.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.