In 1996 was created Novartis Venture Fund, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the Basel. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in Switzerland. Novartis Venture Fund appeared to be a CVC structure as part of the corporation.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the Novartis Venture Fund, startups are often financed by SV Health Investors, Apple Tree Partners, ARCH Venture Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Versant Ventures, Venture Investors, Truffle Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Sofinnova Investments, Astellas Venture Management, Venture Investors.
For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Medical Device, Life Science. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Alios BioPharma, Merus, Catalyst Biosciences The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little.
The fund was created by Argeris Karabelas. The overall number of key employees were 5.
The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. This Novartis Venture Fund works on 4 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2014. The high activity for fund was in 2009. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The real fund results show that this VC is 7 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. When the investment is from Novartis Venture Fund the average startup value is 10-50 millions dollars.
|$9M||23 Nov 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
|15 Nov 2021||California, United States|
|$157M||11 Aug 2021||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|$150M||27 Jul 2021||Cambridge, England, United Kingdom|
|$42M||17 May 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$57M||04 May 2021||Iceland, Iceland|
|$53M||17 Mar 2021||Scotland|
|$81M||10 Dec 2020||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$10M||13 Oct 2020||Uusimaa|
– Immunitas Therapeutics, a Waltham, MA-based single cell genomics-based therapeutics company, closed a $58m Series B financing.
– The round was led by Agent Capital with participation from Medical Excellence Capital (MEC), 120 Capital, Solasta Ventures, Mirae Asset, Ono Venture Investment, The Mark Foundation for Cancer Research, NS Investment, BrightEdge (American Cancer Society), and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society . Existing investors Alexandria Venture Investments, Evotec, Leaps by Bayer, M Ventures, Novartis Venture Fund (NVF), and founding investor Longwood Fund also joined the round.
– The company intends to use the funds to advance its lead program, IMT-009, a CD161 inhibitor, into the clinic to treat both solid tumors and hematological malignancies.
– GentiBio, Inc. from Boston develops engineered regulatory T cells (Tregs) therapies for immunology.
– Series A $157m round was led by Matrix Capital Management with participation from Avidity Partners, JDRF T1D Fund, OrbiMed, RA Capital Management, and Novartis Venture Fund.
– The company intends to use the funds to advance its potential functional cure for Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) to the clinic alongside multiple other pipeline programs in chronic autoimmunity and autoinflammation.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.