ITOCHU Technology Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2000. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Tokyo. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in Japan.
For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Retail, SaaS. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Mercari, Box, Rescale Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the ITOCHU Technology Ventures, startups are often financed by CyberAgent Capital, GREE Ventures, DFJ. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, YJ Capital, GREE Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Global Brain Corporation, Eight Roads Ventures, World Innovation Lab (WiL).
We also calculated 6 valuable employees in our database.
The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2015. The average startup value when the investment from ITOCHU Technology Ventures is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2013. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. Comparing to the other companies, this ITOCHU Technology Ventures performs on 4 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 5 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
Funds with similar focus
|05 Jun 2022||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$7M||26 Apr 2022||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$7M||20 Jul 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
|22 Jun 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$7M||26 May 2021||Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan|
|$26M||19 May 2021||Bunkyo, Japan|
|09 Apr 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$19M||12 Mar 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$5M||15 Feb 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
– OriCiro Genomics is a Tokyo, Japan-based pioneer in cell-free synthesis and amplification of genome-scale large DNA for advanced therapy and synthetic biology.
– Series B ¥800m round led by The University of Tokyo Edge Capital Partners (UTEC) with participation of ITOCHU Technology Ventures.
– Also received a ¥200m long-term loan from Japan Finance Corporation (JFC), a government-affiliated financial institution, totaling ¥1b in this round of financing.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.