UTEC- University of Tokyo Edge Capital appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2004. The company was established in Asia in Japan. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Tokyo.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 partakers. Despite the UTEC- University of Tokyo Edge Capital, startups are often financed by ARCH Venture Partners, Razor's Edge Ventures, Nissay Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, ARCH Venture Partners, Mizuho Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by SBI Investment, PNB-INSPiRE Ethical Fund 1 Investment Business Limited Liability Partnership, Schlumberger.
The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 23 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The top activity for fund was in 2018.
Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are E-Commerce, Biotechnology. For fund there is no match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight 908 Devices, Fyusion, Tier IV. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund.
Funds with similar focus
|$5M||29 Aug 2022||Redondo Beach, California, United States|
|$2M||31 Jul 2022||Chiyoda, Japan|
Oxford Quantum Circuits
|$52M||05 Jul 2022||Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom|
|$10M||12 Jun 2022||Tanzania|
|05 Jun 2022||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$4M||10 May 2022||Singapore, Central Region, Singapore|
|$8M||06 Apr 2022||California, United States|
|$18M||09 Feb 2022||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
The E-Plane Company
|$4M||10 Jan 2022||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
– VividQ, a Cambridge, UK-based deep technology company and software and IP developer for holography, raised £11M in seed extension round.
– The round was led by UTokyo IPC, joined by Foresight Williams Technology, Japanese Miyako Capital, APEX Ventures, and R42 Group and previous investors University of Tokyo Edge Capital, Sure Valley Ventures, and Essex Innovation.
– The company intends to use the funds to scale the team, expand in APAC and further product development, including HoloLCD, which turns consumer-grade screens into holographic displays.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.