SMBC Venture Capital appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1992. The company was established in Asia in Japan. The main department of described VC is located in the Chuo.
Opposing the other organizations, this SMBC Venture Capital works on 21 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2016. When the investment is from SMBC Venture Capital the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 17 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars.
Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Mobile, Biotechnology. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Base, GROOVE X, BizReach. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - Japan. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the SMBC Venture Capital, startups are often financed by Nissay Capital, Innovation Network Corporation of Japan, Nippon Venture Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are YJ Capital, NEC Capital Solutions, Mitsui Sumitomo Insuarance Venture Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by SBI Investment, Innovation Network Corporation of Japan, DBJ Capital.
Besides them, we counted 1 critical employee of this fund in our database.
|$9M||12 Jan 2023||Tsuruga, Fukui Prefecture, Japan|
|$6M||24 Oct 2022||Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan|
|$600M||23 Aug 2022||Munich, Bavaria, Germany|
|$6M||09 Aug 2022||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$1M||29 Jul 2022||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$24M||27 Jul 2022||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$6M||11 Jul 2022||Tokyo, Kantō, Japan|
|$35M||06 Jun 2022||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$31M||01 Jun 2022||Tateyama, Chiba Prefecture, Japan|
– SmartNews, a news aggregation website and app, raised $230m in Series F funding.
– The round was led by Princeville Capital and Woodline Partners, and joined by JIC Venture Growth Investments, Green Co-Invest Investment, and Yamauchi-No.10 Family Office in Japan.
– Existing investors participated in this round including ACA Investments and SMBC Venture Capital.
– The company plans to develop more features for its U.S. audience that will focus on consumer health and safety.
– Heartseed, a Tokyo-based biotechnology company developing iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes for heart failure (HF), announced it has raised 4 Billion-yen (approx. $37 Million) at Series C round, bringing its total financial backing to 8.2 Billion yen (approx. $75 Million) since its foundation in 2015.
– New investors are UTokyo Innovation Platform Co. (UTokyo IPC), Medical Incubator Japan, Keio Innovation Initiative (KII), and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Investment. Among the existing investors, SBI Group, Nissay Capital, SMBC Capital, Medipal Holdings, and Itochu Chemical Frontier participated in this round.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.