This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Chicago
HPA is the renowned VC, which was created in 2007. The main office of this VC is situated in Chicago. The fund is located in United States, North America.
The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. Moreover, a start-up needs to be 4-5 years old to get investment from this fund. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Software, E-Commerce. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 8 more areas of investment. Among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund, are Clearcover, Future Simple, ShipBob. The fund has no a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. If the applying start-up has 4 or 5+ founders, it is very unlikely that funding will be awarded.
The average start-up valuation at the time of investment from HPA is 1-5 millions dollars. Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. In real terms, this VC performs 1 percentage points less exits than other funds. HPA is involved in 15 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments when compared with other funds. In 2016, the fund's activity was at its peak. Besides, in 2019 the fund was active. The fund usually participates in 7-12 investment rounds per year. We recorded the biggest number of exits for this fund in 2019.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 other investors. Besides HPA, start-ups are typically funded by Pritzker Group Venture Capital, Techstars Chicago (Formerly Excelerate Labs), Chicago Ventures and 56 more VCs. The most common co-investors for the fund are Pritzker Group Venture Capital, Chicago Ventures, OCA Ventures and also 72 different VCs. The investors in the following rounds are usually Plymouth Growth Partners, Harvard Business School Angels Chicago, Beringea, and 48 VCs in total.
This VC was founded by Peter Wilkins. The overall number of key employees in the fund's team is 7.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
32.3% of cases
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Funds Investing in Previous
Funds Investing in Following
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.