GreatPoint Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2015.
The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The average startup value when the investment from GreatPoint Ventures is more than 1 billion dollars. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The top activity for fund was in 2019. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 9 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Comparing to the other companies, this GreatPoint Ventures performs on 23 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year.
The fund was created by Andrew Perlman, Ray Lane. The overall number of key employees were 5.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the GreatPoint Ventures, startups are often financed by Khosla Ventures, Globespan Capital Partners, Tim Disney. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Tao Capital Partners, Khosla Ventures, DNS Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Khosla Ventures, Third Rock Ventures, Globespan Capital Partners.
The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Machine Learning, Therapeutics. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Uptake, Beyond Meat, Even Financial. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
Life By Spot
|$15M||28 Jul 2021||Austin, Texas, United States|
|$58M||10 Jun 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$20M||01 Jun 2021||Austin, Texas, United States|
|$260M||18 May 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$35M||05 May 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$29M||29 Apr 2021||Austin, Texas, United States|
|$30M||21 Apr 2021||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|$23M||30 Mar 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|15 Mar 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
– Spot is an Austin, TX-based tech startup providing digital, on-demand injury insurance.
– The company raised $17.5m in funding.
– The round was led by GreatPoint Ventures, with participation from Montage Ventures, Mutual of Omaha, MS&AD, and Silverton Partners.
– The new capital will be used to grow the team, forge new partnerships, and ramp up marketing efforts.
– Transcarent, a new and different consumer-directed health and care experience for employees of self-insured employers and their families, announced a $58m Series B investment led by General Catalyst and 7wireVentures, with participation from Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, Kleiner Perkins, Leaps by Bayer, GreatPoint Ventures, and Threshold Ventures along with existing investors Alta Partners and Jove Equity Partners.
– This round brings Transcarent’s total funding to $98m and will allow the company to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of its innovative risk-based offering for self-insured employers.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.