In 1999 was created Samsung Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Seoul. The venture was found in Asia in South Korea. Samsung Ventures appeared to be a CVC structure as part of the corporation.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Pure Storage, Niantic, Quanergy Systems. For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Machine Learning, Enterprise Software.
The overall number of key employees were 5.
The top activity for fund was in 2019. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2017. The real fund results show that this VC is 10 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The typical startup value when the investment from Samsung Ventures is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. Opposing the other organizations, this Samsung Ventures works on 0 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Samsung Ventures, startups are often financed by Qualcomm Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Formation 8. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Softbank Ventures Asia, Khosla Ventures, Formation 8. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Intel Capital, Qualcomm Ventures, Menlo Ventures.
|$200M||27 Jul 2021||Israel, Tel Aviv-Yafo|
|$113M||15 Jul 2021||United States, New York|
|$44M||12 Jul 2021||India, Bengaluru|
|07 Jun 2021||Indonesia, Jakarta|
|$540M||25 May 2021||United States, New York|
|$31M||28 Apr 2021||Israel, " Israel"}|
|$11M||22 Apr 2021||United States, New York|
|$3M||30 Dec 2020||South Korea, " South Korea"}|
|$18M||28 Oct 2020||United States, New York|
– NEX, a motion entertainment startup, raised $25m funding. – The round was led by Blue Pool Capital and joined by Samsung Ventures, SparkLabs and Susquehanna. – It brings NEX to a valuation of $100m. – The company is building motion entertainment – content that encourages physical movement. Read more
– Graph analytics startup Lucata announced that it raised $11.9 million in series B funding, bringing its total raised to nearly $30 million. – Notre Dame, Middleburg Capital Development, Blu Ventures, Hunt Holdings, Maulick Capital, Varian Capital, Samsung Ventures, and Irish Angels participated in the round, which CEO Michael Mallick says will be put toward commercializing the company’s computing architecture for graph analytics and AI use cases. Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.