In 1997 was created Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which is appeared as VC. The company was established in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the Seattle.
This organization was formed by Melinda Gates, William Gates. We also calculated 19 valuable employees in our database.
When the investment is from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. The top activity for fund was in 2017. Comparing to the other companies, this Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation performs on 14 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 28 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019.
The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Biotechnology, Education. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Moderna Therapeutics, Intarcia Therapeutics, Vir Biotechnology For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 participants. Despite the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, startups are often financed by Lux Capital, Flagship Pioneering, National Institutes of Health. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Polaris Partners, ARCH Venture Partners, Flagship Pioneering. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Polaris Partners, ARCH Venture Partners, Flagship Pioneering.
Funds with similar focus
|$20M||20 Jan 2023||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|17 Jan 2023||Rochester, New York, United States|
|$14M||14 Dec 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$30M||12 Dec 2022||Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
|$813K||07 Dec 2022||Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland|
|29 Nov 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$2M||28 Nov 2022||United Kingdom, England, United Kingdom|
|$585K||15 Nov 2022||San Diego, California, United States|
|09 Nov 2022||-|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.