Flagship Pioneering appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2000. The main department of described VC is located in the Cambridge. The venture was found in North America in United States.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Manufacturing, Therapeutics. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Moderna Therapeutics, Receptos, Indigo Agriculture The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
The current fund was established by Edwin Kania, Noubar Afeyan. We also calculated 24 valuable employees in our database.
Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The real fund results show that this VC is 8 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The top activity for fund was in 2009. The average startup value when the investment from Flagship Pioneering is more than 1 billion dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this Flagship Pioneering performs on 4 percentage points less the average number of lead investments.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Flagship Pioneering, startups are often financed by Kleiner Perkins, ARCH Venture Partners, OneLiberty Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Venrock, Third Rock Ventures, Khosla Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by NanoDimension, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst.
Funds with similar focus
|$440M||30 Aug 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|$117M||28 Jul 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|$88M||25 May 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|$208M||12 May 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|$50M||10 May 2021||United States, Cambridge|
Repertoire Immune Medicines
|$189M||13 Apr 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|$126M||30 Mar 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|$123M||25 Feb 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|$230M||12 Jan 2021||United States, Cambridge|
– YourBio Health from Boston develops a personal health information company, raised $21M in funding.
– Series A round was led by Flagship Pioneering with participation from Newpath Partners.
– The company intends to use the funds to accelerate growth and support forthcoming product launches.
– Laronde is a Cambridge, Mass.-based company advancing Endless RNA™ (eRNA) – a novel, engineered form of RNA that can be programmed to express therapeutic proteins inside the body.
– The company raised $440m in Series B financing.
– The round was led by Flagship Pioneering, with participation from T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Invus, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPP Investments), Fidelity Management & Research Company, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, and Federated Hermes Kaufmann Funds, among others.
– The new investment will be used to advance the development of the company’s eRNA platform and a broad pipeline of programs across a number of therapeutic categories.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.