Avalon Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1983. The main department of described VC is located in the La Jolla. The venture was found in North America in United States.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Avalon Ventures, startups are often financed by Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Austin Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Sigma Partners, Foundry Group, Austin Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Union Square Ventures, Sigma Partners, Venrock.
The current fund was established by Kevin Kinsella. Besides them, we counted 4 critical employees of this fund in our database.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Cloud Computing, Software. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Zynga, BioVex, Empyr.
Comparing to the other companies, this Avalon Ventures performs on 6 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2014. The high activity for fund was in 2014. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The average startup value when the investment from Avalon Ventures is 50-100 millions dollars. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 12 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
Funds with similar focus
|$50M||18 Aug 2021||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$110M||22 Jun 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$125M||20 Apr 2021||La Jolla, California, United States|
|$40M||29 Mar 2021||San Diego, California, United States|
|$56M||03 Mar 2021||La Jolla, California, United States|
|$8M||09 Jun 2020||Palo Alto, California, United States|
|22 Apr 2020||Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States|
|$18M||31 Mar 2020||San Diego, California, United States|
|$29M||12 Jun 2019||New York, New York, United States|
– Jnana Therapeutics, a biotechnology company utilizing its next generation chemoproteomic platform to target SLC transporters and other well-validated but hard-to-drug targets, announced the closing of a $50m Series B financing.
– The financing was led by RA Capital Management, and included all existing investors, including Polaris Partners, Versant Ventures, Avalon Ventures, AbbVie Ventures and Pfizer Ventures.
– Proceeds from this financing will enable Jnana to progress its lead program for the treatment of phenylketonuria (PKU) into clinical development, while advancing a pipeline of additional programs and continuing to invest in its innovative and validated RAPID platform for the discovery of small molecule therapeutics for hard-to-drug targets.
– Fortis Therapeutics from San Diego is developing novel antibody-drug conjugate FOR46 for late-stage multiple myeloma and metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
– The company closed a $40m Series A financing cofunded by Avalon Ventures, Bregua Corporation, Lilly Asia Ventures, Osage University Partners, Vivo Capital, the Myeloma Investment Fund, the venture philanthropy fund of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF), and Fulcrum 2020, LLC.
– The new investment will be used to advance FOR46 in clinical trials for the treatment of relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma and metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.