Unicorn Nest news
WuXi Diagnostics Secures US$150 Million Series B Financing to Accelerate Market Penetration in Global Diagnostics Sector
– WuXi Diagnostics secured a US$150m Series B financing round to accelerate market penetration in the global diagnostics sector.
– The round was joined by new investors including Thermo Fisher, Shiyu Capital, ABC International, Sunland Capital, and CCBI Tech Venture.
– WuXi Diagnostics will deploy funds to strengthen its open-access innovation enabling platform, advance its integrated diagnostics R&D pipeline, and accelerate market penetration in the global diagnostics sector.
– WuXi Diagnostics is the first platform company in China focusing on integrated diagnostics. Since its establishment in 2018, WuXi Diagnostics has continuously promoted the clinical practice of integrated diagnostics by virtue of its open-access innovation enabling platform, centered on multi-omics clinical data from multidisciplinary technologies.
ErudiFi raises $5 million Series A to give students in Southeast Asia more education financing options
– ErudiFi, a student financing startup, raised $5m in Series A funding.
– The round was co-led by Monk’s Hill Ventures and Qualgro.
– The company currently works with more than 50 universities and vocational schools in Indonesia and the Philippines.
– It offers subsidized installment plans, using tech to scale up while keeping costs down.
– Interest rates and repayment terms vary between institutions, but can be as low as 0%, with loans payable in 12 to 24 months.
– Clover Biopharmaceuticals, a global clinical-stage biotechnology company developing transformative biologics as vaccines and therapeutics for the world’s most debilitating diseases, today announced the completion of an oversubscribed $230 million Series C financing.
– This financing round brings Clover’s total capital raised in the last 12 months to over $400 million (over RMB 2.5 billion).
– The Series C round was co-led by GL Ventures and Temasek, with participation from Oceanpine Capital, OrbiMed and existing investor Delos Capital.
– The proceeds will support the continued development and expansion of Clover’s pipeline of protein-based vaccines and biologic cancer therapies utilizing its innovative and proprietary Trimer-Tag© technology platform.
AnchorDx Completes USD 40 Million Series C Financing to Advance Cancer Screening and Early Detection Programs
– AnchorDx announced the completion of a $40m Series C financing round.
– The round was led by OrbiMed and WuXi Huiying Investment.
– The company plans to use the new funds to accelerate the registration and commercialization of its NGS-based products for single-cancer, multi-cancer, and pan-cancer screening and early detection. The company also plans to deploy its technology to other major disease areas.
Unicorn Nest news
– FUNDtastic, an Indonesian investment platform, raised $7.7m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Singapore-based Ascend Capital Group, with participation from other investors, including tech holding company Indivara Group.
– FUNDtastic plans to add retail bonds, insurance and peer-to-peer lending to its current roster of mutual funds and gold investment options.
– Based in Jakarta, FUNDtastic was founded in 2019 by Harry Hartono, Franky Chandra and Medwin Susilo.
Earnix, the Leader in AI-driven Rating, Pricing and Product Personalization for Insurance and Banking, Announces $75M Growth Funding With a Pre-Money Valuation of $1B to Accelerate Its Global Expansion
– Earnix announced $75M in growth funding with a pre-money valuation of $1B.
– The round was led by Insight Partners, with existing investors JVP, Vintage Partners and Israel Growth Partners joining the round.
– The new funding will fuel Earnix’s global expansion into new market segments and regions, increase investment in product innovation, rapidly accelerate hiring and support M&A activities to further anticipate the needs of a rapidly changing market.
– Leveraging this investment, Earnix will continue to bring transformational value to Insurance and Banking by bridging the gap between financial institutions and the needs of their customers.
– Jonathan Rosenbaum, Principal at Insight Partners, will be joining Earnix’s Board of Directors.
– Oribi, a no-code marketing analytics tool, has raised $15.5 million in a series B round of funding led by Ibex.
– The raise comes amid something of a boom for low-code/no-code platforms, spanning everything from web development and enterprise app building to web testing, game development, and process automation.
– Oribi lets users generate reports to share with managers or anyone else in the team, which can be customized to include logos, different colors and layouts.
– Oribi is all about bypassing long and resource-intensive integrations, and democratizing marketing analytics.
– Regor Therapeutics announced the successful completion of $90m Series B financing.
– The round was led by Lilly Asia Ventures and included participation from Loyal Valley Capital, Lanting Capital, TF Capital and Vertex Ventures China.
– Regor Therapeutics was established with initial series A strategic investment from Qilu Pharmaceutical Group, a well-known Chinese pharmaceutical company.
– Regor Therapeutics is a clinical stage company dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative and clinically differentiated medicines by leveraging the proprietary CARD (Computer Accelerated Rational Discovery) Platform, seamlessly integrating structural biology, computational chemistry, therapeutic biology, medicinal chemistry, and clinical development.
– Regor has assembled a world-class scientific team and demonstrated high efficiency in producing best- and first-in-class molecules.
Unicorn Nest news
– Sciwind biosciences secured US$37m series B financing.
– The financing was led by LYFE Capital and joined by the existing investors, Legend Capital and Haibang Venture Capital.
– Sciwind focuses on research and development of innovative biologics in the therapeutic area of chronic metabolic and immunological diseases and has driven multiple projects into clinical trials.
– Two more IND applications are expected to be filed in 2021 including an oral formulation of a highly active GLP-1 analogue.