The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Los Angeles.
The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2017. The important activity for fund was in 2016. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. Comparing to the other companies, this Strong Ventures performs on 27 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. When the investment is from Strong Ventures the average startup value is 10-50 millions dollars. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 participants. Despite the Strong Ventures, startups are often financed by Douglas Guen, Primer, Y Combinator. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Primer, Y Combinator, Kakao Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Softbank Ventures Asia, Y Combinator, Primer.
The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight ODX Pte. Ltd, WASHSWAT, Shakr.com. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Content, E-Commerce. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund.
This organization was formed by John Nahm, Kihong Bae. Besides them, we counted 4 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|$4M||30 Jan 2023||Seoul, Seoul-t'ukpyolsi, South Korea|
|$2M||07 Nov 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|01 Oct 2022||Seoul, Seoul-t'ukpyolsi, South Korea|
|$1M||28 Sep 2022||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|$3M||11 Jul 2022||-|
|$1M||14 May 2022||Seoul, Seoul-t'ukpyolsi, South Korea|
|$5M||11 May 2022||Seoul, Seoul-t'ukpyolsi, South Korea|
|$3M||04 May 2022||Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia|
|$8M||20 Apr 2022||South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea|
– Online education platform CLASS101 raised $25.8m in Series B funding.
– The round was led by Goodwater Capital, with additional participation from previous backers Strong Ventures, KT Investment, Mirae Asset Capital and Klim Ventures.
– The company plans to use the proceeds to focus on hiring more talent, as well as expanding domestic business and overseas markets in the U.S. and Japan.
– Danggeun Market, the publisher of South Korea’s hyperlocal community app Karrot, announced it has raised $162m in a Series D round of funding with a valuation of $2.7bn.
– This round of funding was led by DST Global, with additional participation from Aspex Management, Reverent Partners and existing investors such as Goodwater Capital, Altos Ventures, SoftBank Ventures Asia, Kakao Ventures, Strong Ventures and Capstone Partners.
– The company plan to strengthen its capabilities in local commerce with Danggeun Pay, or Karrot Pay, which is set to launch this year.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.