Softbank Ventures Asia appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2000. The company was established in Asia in South Korea. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Seoul.
Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Tokopedia, Socar, Sendo The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - South Korea. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Apps, Gaming. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Softbank Ventures Asia, startups are often financed by Golden Gate Ventures, East Ventures, Samsung Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Stonebridge Capital, Samsung Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Mirae Asset Venture Investment, Golden Gate Ventures, Formation 8.
The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. This Softbank Ventures Asia works on 21 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2017. The average startup value when the investment from Softbank Ventures Asia is 100-500 millions dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 26 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
The overall number of key employees were 3.
Funds with similar focus
|$400M||23 Aug 2021||Ikeja Lagos Nigeria|
|18 Aug 2021||Beijing China Dongcheng District|
|$162M||17 Aug 2021||South Korea, " South Korea"}|
|$30M||11 Aug 2021||China, Minhang District|
|$56M||29 Jul 2021||Japan, Chiyoda|
|$26M||23 Jun 2021||South Korea, Seocho|
|$50M||21 Jun 2021||Gyeonggi-do South Korea|
|$15M||06 May 2021||China Futian District Guangdong Province|
|$8M||14 Apr 2021||Gyeonggi-do South Korea|
– June Homes from New York is a proptech company.
– The company raised $50M in funding.
– The round was led by SoftBank Ventures Asia with participation from TQ Ventures, FJ Labs, K50, Reshape, Quiet Capital, Demi Lovato and Scott Belsky.
– The company intends to use the funds to accelerate expansion to other U.S. markets.
– Chinese-backed and Africa-focused fintech company OPay raised $400m funding.
– The round was led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2 and joined by existing investors Sequoia Capital China, Redpoint China, Source Code Capital and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
– Other investors, including DragonBall Capital and 3W Capital, also took part in the new financing round.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.