This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
South Korea, Seongnam
Kakao Ventures was established in 2012, and is a well known VC. The fund is located in South Korea, Asia. The the headquarters of this VC is in Seongnam.
Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified Software, Gaming. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 8 more industries for this fund. The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 2-3. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - South Korea. However, start-ups from 5 other countries can be found in the fund's portfolio. Mojo Vision, The Minerva Project, WhaTap Labs are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. When a start-up has 5+ founders, the probability of closing the deal is low.
This VC was founded by Jimmy Rim. We also identified another 3 core personnel in our database.
The fund's activity peaked in 2018. Besides, in 2019 the fund was active. Deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars are most common for this fund. The fund generally invests in 13-24 deals every year. Kakao Ventures is involved in 27 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments when compared with other funds. In terms of the fund's performance, this VC has 9 percentage points more exits when compared to other organizations.
The fund usually invests in rounds together with 2-3 others. Aside from Kakao Ventures, start-ups are often funded by SparkLabs Accelerator, LB Investment, Altos Ventures and 18 other funds. The fund often co-invests with LB Investment, Strong Ventures, Softbank Ventures Asia, overall with 24 funds from our list. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by Softbank Ventures Asia, Mirae Asset Venture Investment, LB Investment, as well as 19 other investors.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: kakaoventures.co.kr; User name format in descending order of probability: first
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
15.4% of cases
Funds Investing in Following
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.