Smedvig Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 1996. The main office of represented VC is situated in the London. The company was established in Europe in United Kingdom.
The high activity for fund was in 2008. This Smedvig Capital works on 12 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The real fund results show that this VC is 17 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars.
The current fund was established by Johnny Hewett, Peter Smedvig. Besides them, we counted 14 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight LoveSpace, Veeve, The Smart Cube. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United Kingdom. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Enterprise Software, Market Research.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 1-2 partakers. Despite the Smedvig Capital, startups are often financed by Creandum, Octopus Ventures, Beringea. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Revolt Ventures, Octopus Ventures, Liberty Global Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Octopus Ventures, Liberty Global Ventures, Sarah Cannon.
|20M||30 Apr 2019||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|8M||05 Sep 2019||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|13M||05 Feb 2015||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|10M||14 Jun 2021||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|6M||10 Mar 2014||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|01 Jan 2011||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|11M||27 Jun 2015||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|12M||09 Feb 2017||Norway, Oslo|
|4M||14 Jul 2017||United Kingdom, Westminster|
Healthily by Your.MD
|5M||01 Jul 2015||United Kingdom, Westminster|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.