This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, New York
Schematic Ventures was established in 2017, and is a well known VC. The primary office of this VC is located in New York. The VC's location is in North America, United States.
The fund was established by Julian Counihan. Besides the listed founders, we have found 1 key employee of this fund in our database.
In terms of the fund's performance, this VC has 2 percentage points more exits when compared to other organizations. The fund generally invests in 2-6 deals every year. The fund's activity peaked in 2018. In addition, the fund was active in 2019. The average start-up valuation at the time of investment from Schematic Ventures is 50-100 millions dollars. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 other investors. Besides Schematic Ventures, start-ups are typically funded by Prologis, 8VC, ff Venture Capital. The most common co-investors for the fund are ff Venture Capital, Qualcomm Ventures, Prologis and also 6 different VCs. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by ff Venture Capital, Zebra Ventures, T Fund.
The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. Also, a start-up has to be aged 2-3 years to expect investment from this fund. The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. Among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund, are Plus One Robotics, Platform Science, Airspace Technologies. We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Software, Machine Learning. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
25.0% of cases
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.3 out of 1
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.