Pivotal bioVenture Partners appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2017. The main department of described VC is located in the San Francisco. The venture was found in North America in United States.
We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Medical, Pharmaceutical. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Fusion Pharmaceuticals, SutroVax, Bolt Biotherapeutics. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund.
The current fund was established by Tracy Saxton. We also calculated 3 valuable employees in our database.
The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 36 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The important activity for fund was in 2019. This Pivotal bioVenture Partners works on 15 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 7-8 partakers. Despite the Pivotal bioVenture Partners, startups are often financed by Frazier Healthcare Partners, Wellcome Trust, Technology Development Fund. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Sofinnova Investments, Vivo Capital, Frazier Healthcare Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Tekla Capital Management, TPG Growth, Roche Venture Fund.
Funds with similar focus
|Blue Bear Capital||Beverly Hills, California, United States|
|Hill-Rom||Batesville, Indiana, United States|
|INTEC||Japan, Okinawa Prefecture, Toyama|
|JustSystems||British Columbia, Canada, Vancouver|
|Laurentian Bank Securities||-|
|Omphalos Ventures India.||-|
|Physician Partners||Florida, Ocala, United States|
|Shangkun Investment||China, Hangzhou, Zhejiang|
|State Farm Insurance||Bloomington, Illinois, United States|
|$102M||23 Feb 2022||San Diego, California, United States|
|$64M||10 Feb 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$40M||30 Nov 2021||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|$100M||29 Nov 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$83M||09 Sep 2021||California, United States|
|$90M||18 Aug 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$57M||04 May 2021||Iceland, Iceland|
|$225M||27 Apr 2021||Oxford, England, United Kingdom|
|$225M||20 Apr 2021||Oxford, England, United Kingdom|
– Obsidian Therapeutics, Inc. is a Cambridge, Mass.-based biotechnology company pioneering engineered cell and gene therapies.
– The company closed a $115m Series B financing.
– The round was led by The Column Group Crossover Fund (TCGX) with participation from RA Capital Management, Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), Cowen Healthcare Investments, Deep Track Capital, Logos Capital, Pivotal BioVenture Partners, Samsara BioCapital, and Soleus Capital, and existing investors Atlas Venture, Vertex Ventures HC, Amgen Ventures, and Bristol Myers Squibb.
– Proceeds from the financing will be used to drive Obsidian’s lead tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) program, cytoTIL15, into the clinic and to first clinical data for the treatment of metastatic melanoma. In addition, the company plans to rapidly expand cytoTIL15 into multiple other solid tumor types and to advance its commercial manufacturing build.
– Vigil Neuroscience, a biotechnology company harnessing the power of microglia for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, announced the completion of a $90m Series B financing to further advance Vigil’s proprietary pipeline of microglia-targeted medicines for the treatment of neurodegeneration.
– The financing was led by Vida Ventures with participation from existing investors Atlas Venture, Northpond Ventures and Hatteras Venture Partners as well as new investors including Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), Cormorant Asset Management, Invus, OrbiMed, Rock Springs Capital, Deep Track Capital, Logos Capital, Pivotal bioVenture Partners, and Lightstone Ventures.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.